Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Tribute to gentleman who defied the age.......



Last few days have been gruesome and heart breaking for me on personal front. I lost a very dear granduncle (dadaji) Mr. K L Gupta. He succumbed to a major heart attack on early morning of 25th Oct 2008. This post of mine is a small tribute to his flamboyant and panache living.

My first encounter with him was during my freshman year of T school, when after induction I went to see him at his residence at Sunderpur, Varanasi. My initial reaction was awe, what a personality. The admiration grew by minutes and seconds. The dignity with which he used to conduct himself, the charm and warmth that oozed out created a magical ambience, that I cherished the most and shall miss life long.

Great man livings do teach subsequent generations’ lesson or two. I also learnt few from him.

Age No Barrier: Inspite of been a septuagenarian, he had the zeal to be a computer literate. In this pursuit, he joined a computer centre at the age of 70+. He not only ended up a computer literate but also left a strong statement for those who feel ashamed to be taught by younger generation. Sometimes I used to guide him about internet and surfing. The enthusiasm with which he took down the notes delivered strong message.........


“Knowledge has no Age”.


No comments: